On Friday, September 23, I was privileged to be part of a welcome home of my nephew Corbin, who had served an honorable two-year LDS mission in the Hawaii Honolulu Mission. There is nothing like the excitement that is felt waiting those last few minutes at the airport after you haven't seen your son for two years. I'm also glad that I was able to take a few pictures of my sister Natalie and her family to record some of those special moments.
Brittney (friend), Nathan, Brooke and Kelsey
Brittney (friend), Nathan, Brooke and Kelsey
Natalie with our father
Mark's father and mother, Marilyn and Noel, Mark and Natalie
I was also privileged to have my father from Idaho stay with me for a week in between BYU games, which worked out perfect for us to drive out together to the airport to greet Corbin.
This just made tears come to your eyes to see the love Natalie has for Corbin and vice versa!
Corbin showing us his leis that were given to him as he left Hawaii from the people that love him there.
It's always good to have your missionary back home safe and be a complete family again.
There were either five or six missionaries returning the same day from the Hawaii Honolulu mission and so Corbin's first mission president and his wife were there to greet the missionaries.
One of the missionaries in his group
And last, but not least, Corbin's "friend" Brittney!
A couple of days later, Corbin reported his mission and did such a wonderful job. He certainly came home a mature young man. Afterwards, Natalie had such a great brunch at their home. All of Natalie's six siblings were in attendance, except for Laura who lives in Florida, who would have been there otherwise. We missed you, Laura!



3 comments:
Man, that picture of Corbin and Natalie brought tears to my eyes! Looks like it was a sweet reunion. So nice of you to take all the pictures MOm!
I feel like I was at the airport with these wonderful photos. You did a great job capturing the love, the signs and the people. What a treasure these will be for Natalie and Mark. My favorite photo of all is the one where Corbin is hugging Natalie. Natalie looks like all her concerns and anticipation of her missionary's return just melted away at that moment. There is no greater life experience than seeing a missionary return home from serving the Lord for two years. Corbin did such a great job!!
Tears were streaming down my face as I saw Corbin hug his mom. I loved how everyone was just beaming as they were waiting for him to come in. And to see Mark just sort of holding back with so much happiness and pride, it really made me thrilled! Corbin is such a wonderful young man, and they have such a beautiful family. Thanks for making us a part of this beautiful homecoming!
Post a Comment