Monday, August 2, 2010

DAD'S AWARD--VETERAN'S MEMORIAL

SIXTY YEARS OF LAW PRACTICE
My father received an award from the State Bar Association for 60 years in the practice of law!!!  He has always enjoyed practicing law and never sought after this recognition--60 years--but is grateful that he has been healthy and still able to go to his office each day, especially after Mother's passing eight years ago.  Five of his seven children were able to attend the recognition lunch!
Dad gave a wonderful acceptance speech.
(l to r) My sister Beverly and husband Larry, sister Beth, Father, Sister Natalie, me and brother Jerry.  It's always great to be with my siblings!

VETERAN'S FREEDOM MEMORIAL
After Dad's award in Idaho Falls, we drove back to Rexburg to see the Veteran's Freedom Memorial that was built by the Rotary Club.  They have done a wonderful job, and Dad wants me to get my father-in-law's and his two brothers information for the memorial.




Dad is pointing to his plaque.
Dad's tile is located 3rd from the top and left!
My uncle's tile

3 comments:

Beverly said...

I loved this post. I guess I have heard Dad tell about the Veteran's Memorial wall but I didn't realize it would be so impressive to see. I really appreciate these photos, Joyce, thank-you.

Beverly said...

Thanks for documenting this award for Dad. It really was nice to be there to support him. Seems like we have gone to many of Dad's award ceremonies in my lifetime---Dad is truly an icon for service and hard work.

Laura Copeland said...

I, also, appreciate the post because I haven't been able to be to very many of his award ceremonies. I can only think of one--so I truly feel left out! It is just so far away! But, this made me feel so much more a part of it by seeing it through the eyes of your camera, Joyce.