Wednesday, January 9, 2013

IT'S A GIRL!!!

CLAIRE SOPHIA EKINS--
Born November 30 at 6:35 a.m. weighing in a 9 lb. 14 oz., 20-1/2 inches long.  

When Andrea and Matt began the in vitro process 15 months ago, they had no idea whether or not it would be a boy or girl, or even if the process would be successful.  With a lot of faith, prayers, stress, drugs, trips to the Las Vegas clinic, never getting too discouraged--beautiful little claire arrived safely!

Their sweet neighbor who tended the kids in the wee hours of the morning also decorated their house with the good news!

Doug and I traveled to St. George two days later waiting to allow them a little time to be together as a family.  We were going to surprise them the next day and just stay in our home, but Doug couldn't wait any longer.  

This is the first thing we saw of Claire--a head of dark, curly hair!  What a surprise after having two little blondies!

She is just beautiful; the entire family is thrilled!

  
 Doug just couldn't wait to hold that baby!

Rett does too, but only for about 20 seconds!

We went to our home that evening and came back the next day.  Grandpa Doug read to Rett while I...

 ...made pancakes--a flower for Abby and Mickey Mouse for Rett.

To get the kids out one evening, we drove to the St. George Temple to see the manger scene and Christmas lights!


   


Doug had to return to SLC and work, but the kids and I had so much fun together.  We went on walks almost everyday (the kids rode their bikes and scooters), jumped on their trampoline, watched videos, went shopping for Christmas presents, put puzzles together and just had fun!  

There also was plenty of time to enjoy Claire.  Abby and Rett couldn't be more thrilled.

  








Abigail selected this Minnie Mouse outfit for Claire, so they were so excited for her to wear it and have her picture taken in it.




The week went by quickly.  I am reminded again that there is nothing like being a grandma.  Thanks Abby and Rett for the fun time we had.  Grandpa and I are thrilled for you!!!

3 comments:

Laura Copeland said...

What a beautiful little girl Claire is! And I have to hand it to Andrea and Matt for all they go through to get these special little spirits here! I know they are so relieved that she is so healthy and that all went well. She has such loving parents and brother and sister--she is truly a blessed little baby. So glad you were able to spend time with them and enjoy her, as well as the rest of the family, so much.

Heather Williams said...

Oh what a little beauty Claire is! Dad and newborns...I love how he just closes his eyes while holding them with a simple smile on his face...I think that is what makes dad the happiest.

Gotta love those pancakes mom! Loved when you'd create our initials...I tried that the other day, yep, they broke and the kids were a little upset:)

So glad you got to be with them!

Beverly said...

Congratulations on another beautiful grand daughter. I am so happy for this sweet family!!