Monday, March 21, 2011

TRIP WITH SISTER TO FAMILY HOME TO VISIT FATHER

My father requested that my sister and I come to visit and help him with a few projects.  We had such a wonderful time with him and each other.  Our father is a very positive and grateful person and always builds his children up.   After spending time with him, we always leave feeling better about ourselves!!!
This is one of the projects we did--hang up pictures of our father's parents with their homestead in between them, and our parents pictures with an aerial view of their home in between them!  Wasn't our mother just beautiful!!!

My father's mother.  These chalk portraits were done many, many years ago by an artist at Knotts Berry Farm.

My father's father!


On another wall, we hung original pictures of (l to r) our paternal great-great grandmother, paternal great-great grandfather, Our great grandfather with 11 of his brothers, maternal great-great grandfather and maternal great-great grandmother!  The picture below is our father's parents on their wedding day!  We have four other pictures to hang, but had to make enlarged copies first.
Laura, we hung your beautiful oil painting just as you go into Dad's office!!

3 comments:

Jennifer Anderson said...

It all looks so great! I really, really like those chalk portraits!!

Beverly said...

We really did have three very productive days together with Dad. I think that we left him feeling pretty good about accomplishing some of the tasks he was feeling a little overwhelmed in doing himself. It was so good to be with you, Joyce. Let's try to do it again.

Laura Copeland said...

Man, these are great family pictures that everyone should know more about. The fact that you have them hanging in such organized and logical patterns will help others to ask questions and learn more about them. Thanks so much for all your hard work, Beverly and Joyce! I just wish I could have been there to help and enjoy the fun. Wish I could still paint like that! I think that was another person entirely. Hah!