Thursday, March 3, 2011

ADELYN'S GRANDPARENTS BREAKFAST--March 3, 2011

With our children living all over the country, we don't often have the opportunity to attend many of the grandkids' school functions.  So, when Hillary called and asked if we wanted to go with Adelyn to her school's VIP Breakfast (formerly Grandparent's since I guess we're not the only ones with grandchildren far away), both Doug and I were more than thrilled to attend. 
Doug and Adelyn outside her school--Farmington Elementary

The continental breakfast consisted of hot steel-cut oatmeal with brown sugar and cinnamon, yogurt with granola, fresh grapes and oranges, Einstein Bros. bagels, donuts, muffins and milk/choc. milk/orange juice/apple juice--all for $1 a person!



Addy's picture of her grandparents!

Adelyn's drawing of Abe Lincoln on the right

Adelyn and her Kindergarten teacher
We are very fortunate to have Tom and Hillary and their three children living close by AND are so grateful we were privileged to spend this one-on-one time with darling Adelyn!  Thanks, Addy, for inviting us.  We love you very much!!!

6 comments:

Hillary Garner said...

I am so glad you could come to the breakfast and see my school and meet my teacher and thanks for the pictures we took at the library...it made me feel happy that you could come! I love you!

Adelyn!

Ang said...

How nice of you guys to support Adelyn. Looks like you guys had a fun time. I'm sure she felt pretty special that day!

Heather Williams said...

Mom that is so sweet! Really, I love that you were both able to go. Maybe someday we'll have the privilege to have you guys attend something like that with our kids:) Addy is such a cutie pie.

Beverly said...

I'm so grateful you have Tom and Hilary's family close by so you can do grandparent events with their children. I bet Adelyn was thrilled to have you there and you and Doug look like you were thrilled to be there. Adelyn looks like such a little sweetheart.

Laura Copeland said...

What fun it is to have those one-on-one times! Adelyn looks so proud to have her grandparents there. She is such a darling little girl! I'm like you--I would love to have times like that with every one of my grandchildren!

Alison Wilde said...

How fun that the school celebrates Grandparents Day! AND.....$1 for the scrumptious breakfast?? I would have asked to come with you for that deal (: