Monday, April 29, 2013

CELEBRATING EASTER AND JENNIFER'S BIRTHDAY

Easter and Jennifer's 37th Birthday--March 31, 2013

With more family living near, we are able to celebrate holidays with more family!  Michele, Brian and their children drove from Boise for the weekend, which was even more fun.  

 I bought this live bunch of tulips (I usually buy Easter lilies) and enjoyed them so much.  This just seemed to set off Spring for me.

 McKenna wanted to go shopping at City Creek, and Michele and I gladly went along.  We had so much fun together.  This picture is taken on the etched glass skywalk over State Street with the Salt Lake Temple in the background!  

Channing was the best little shopper, too!

On Easter Sunday, we had a traditional ham dinner out on the patio, and then the kids had an Easter egg hunt.  Jennifer took pictures of the hunt, and you can look at her blog for those.  

The weekend went by quickly, and just before the Lake's returned home Michele wanted to take some pictures of Doug with her children.  So, here they are:








Since Jennifer's birthday was the next day, we celebrated with her. She made the darling Easter egg cupcakes, and Camille made her two beautiful lemon pound cakes for her birthday cake.

The cakes were superb!

Jennifer and Sabe have the sweetest kids.  They all love each other and, especially their mother!

Jennifer, Thank you for being such a wonderful daughter all of these years.  You have so many amazing talents that you are willing to share with everyone, especially your family!  We all decorate our walls in our homes with your beautiful photographs of our children and grandchildren.  Everything you do is done with grace and charm.  Dad and I love you dearly!  

We are so thrilled that we could celebrate this birthday with you in person!  Here's to many more celebrations.


4 comments:

Jennifer Anderson said...

thank you so much, Mom! Those words mean a lot. I'm so grateful for our chance to live closer to you and Dad and share so many more time together. I love you!

Laura Copeland said...

What a sweet post! Happy Birthday, Jennifer! She really has done some amazing things with her talents! Your family has really benefited by those talents, haven't you?! The cupcakes and cakes looked so beautiful--I loved the clever way of putting the candles on. I'll have to remember that. Great pictures of Doug with each of Michele's kids. That will mean so much to each of them in years to come!

Ang said...

Very sweet Mom. Well said about Jen. Love that girl! And lots of great pictures of Dad, but I guess Michele has lots of kids!!

Beverly said...

I loved your little bunch of tulips for Easter. It is hard to beat tulips for color and beauty. Also, very special to see the Lake family with their grandpa on his lap.
I loved your meaningful tribute to Jennifer on her birthday because she really is a girl that is easy to love, always doing for others in her thoughtful, kind way. Great post.