LUCAS VAUGHN HYDE--
Born February 20, 2013, at 8:58 a.m. Pacific time
8 lb. 6 oz., 21-1/4"
The name Lucas is Great Grandmother Hattie's maiden name (Harriet Lucas Rigby) and Vaughn is Adam's father's name.
I traveled to Bremerton, Washington, six days later and spent another wonderful week helping a daughter with her newborn baby--two in one month!! Some day these families will all be finished with the addition of children, and I will truly miss the special days spent with the families, especially the younger siblings of those newborn babies.
As you can see in this picture, Ruby couldn't be more happy with her new baby brother, even though she is outnumbered 3 boys to 1 girl!
Lucas is a perfectly formed, healthy, darling Hyde baby! What a relief to have babies arrive safely. 
Proud father
These are the sweetest kids!
One of the first mornings I was there, I made the requested Mickey (and Minnie) Mouse pancakes!
Benson (they call him Benny) and I played Legos while the kids were in school. It is a long day for him without Ruby or McKay to play with. Ruby is in kindergarten, but she goes all day, five days a week!
Somehow McKay's lunch didn't make it in his backpack, so Adam, Benny and I took his lunch to him and sat with McKay and Ruby in the lunchroom while they ate. They are both in Spanish Emersion classes and know much, much more Spanish already than I do, for sure!
We then ate our lunch afterwards at Subway.
Ashley was showing me some pictures of her kids in their Halloween costumes, and they were willing to try them on for me so that I could take their pictures.
Rapunzel Ruby (Adam's mother made the amazing dress!)
Benny, the "ferocious" pirate! (The Hyde's had a Family Home Evening lesson in February on love, and they still had the hearts taped on their kitchen wall. The heart on Benny's back looks like red wings, doesn't it?)
On the weekend, we went to the recreation center on the base. They had a free movie, Wreck it Ralph, on Friday night, and on Saturday we went back to the center where they celebrates Dr. Seuss's birthday.
They also gave the kids these activity books and hats along with a little bagful of goodies to take home!
We then all bowled, except for Ashley. This was such a fun activity!
The three kids bumper bowled, and McKay beat us all with his score.
Before the kids bowled, Adam showed each child how to squat down, reach behind the ball between their legs and push hard towards the pins.
This was a pretty cute picture of Ruby trying with all of her might! She looks like a purple beetle.
Benny was just happy if one pin was knocked over!
Ruby taking a break to eat a treat.
The very happy mother with her little "first assistant" and new baby boy!
Lucas taking a washcloth bath. Ashley had a heater on him, and he just loved all of that warm air blowing on him.
While I was in Bremerton, the weather was chilly, and it rained every day, except for two. On the day before I returned home, the sun was shining brightly. We took a walk down on the beach while the kids threw rocks into the ocean, and then we walked partway across their new bridge.
What a blessing to be a grandmother!!!
I can't believe that Ashley now has four children! She is such a contented, wonderful mother! I felt the same recently when I took care of Heather, Andrea and Hillary in their homes after they had their babies! I'm so proud of my daughters, and daughter-in-law, for wanting to be mothers and being content to stay home to raise their children on a day-to-day basis!
Twelve-day-old Lucas (they change so much each day)
A special black berry pie prepared by their bishop with Lucas's name on top made out of cutout pie crust.
Adam thought we might have fun putting this 1,000-piece Eric Dowdle puzzle together. We thought, "No way are we ever going to complete the puzzle," but we did after staying up late the last night I was there.
Well, it's hard to believe the week went by so quickly. What a satisfying feeling it was for me to be in the Hyde's home, and see how they function as an eternal family--with love, tenderness and happiness (the same feeling I had recently in Heather and Ryan's home). They all made me feel so welcome, and it was hard to leave those darling little kids.
Adam, Ashley, McKay, Ruby and Benson--Thanks for the privilege of sharing this very special time with you and your family!



4 comments:
You are right! This is truly a beautiful little--growing bigger all the time--family! They all look so happy and contented! That means the world for grandparents to see that in their children's homes. Ashley surely doesn't look like she just had a baby. And you look beautiful,too,Joyce!
The Hydes are such a great family! Lucas is such a handsome baby! Really! Ashley looks great! Love that pic of you and her. Thanks for sharing these, I've been wanting to see more pictures of the little guy.
Lucas is another handsome addition to a beautiful family. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Ashley's family since we don't get to see her often.
It looked like you had a wonderful time with her family and the kids. Joyce, I admire and appreciate all you have done for your girls the last few months with so many new babies, and you certainly don't look like you have been cooking pan cakes in these photos. You and Ashley are two wonderful mothers.
We are content Mom because you were content. Thank you for being who you were are still are. I'm grateful that you loved being my mom and still do (I think ;)).
Post a Comment