Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Beautiful Bride

JaNae's Wedding

Our beautiful niece JaNae (Doug's sister's daughter) was married to Steve Bingham on August 24 in a garden wedding at the historic Shelton Chapel in Shelton, Idaho (just outside of Idaho Falls/chapel built in 1909).  


The soon-to-be groom walking down the aisle carrying his soon-to-be bride!

Doug's sister Leslee with husband Mike

  


Janae's two sisters with their families

Stringed trio played music during the ceremony.  The reception followed on the deck built on back of the chapel.

  
Bride and groom greeting guests inside the historic chapel

Amazing cake decorated with marzipan frosting

  
Elegant arched windows

  
JaNae getting ready to throw her bouquet.

Young girls waiting


A fun sparkler sendoff!!  We wish JaNae and Steve all of the happiness in the world.


REMODELING OF DOUG'S PARENTS' HOME
Doug and I spent the night of the wedding with his brother and wife, Blair and Debbie, and then the morning after the wedding we went to Doug's parents' home.  His brother-in-law has been remodeling the house for several months and Leslee and Mike took us over to see the progress.  Mike has done an amazing job.  I'm sure Doug's mother, especially, would be so pleased to see her house look so nice before it is sold.

The kitchen:


Master Bath:


Family room 
(with the dining landing removed):

Living room
 (the hardwood flooring was under the carpet): 

Main Bath: 
Our kids will well remember the pink tile, which brought back too many memories to remove!  However, the built-in bench and carpet are gone.

The "red" bedroom:  
(This is the bedroom Doug and I slept in the summer he came home to work as a hod carrier when he was in college and I was pregnant with Camille--lots of memories!)

I'm so glad that we were able to see the house one more time, especially if it is sold in the next little while.  Great job, Mike!  You are so talented!

3 comments:

Beverly said...

That really was a beautiful wedding and it was nice you and Doug could attend. I also enjoyed seeing the Garner home again even though it has definitely been modernized. I remember going to that home several times since they were basically in our neighborhood when we lived in Ammon. How does Doug feel about the family home being sold? I'm sure that must have brought back many wonderful memories for him.

Heather Williams said...

Wow, what a transformation! It's sad to see it getting ready to be sold! But Mike has done an amazing job, never knew he was so talented. Janae looks beautiful, and what a beautiful reception.

Laura Copeland said...

I can't believe how much Leslie's daughter looks like her when she was younger! What a beautiful day for their family. I'm sure their family has many different feelings selling the family home--but life goes on, doesn't it? It's great they still have the many wonderful memories of growing up there.