The Best Mothers of Them All (In My Book)
On this Mother's Day, I am feeling very grateful and blessed for the "Mothers" in my life. I begin, of course, with my wonderful mother. On the 26th of this month she will have passed away 10 years ago. Oh, how I miss her but hold nothing but fond memories of all that she was to me. She was an extremely dedicated mother in the truest sense. I love her dearly and give her total credit for anything good that I have done as a mother/grandmother. I didn't have to "reinvent the wheel" on many mothering issues. Many times I just wish I could speak to her for a few minutes.
This is a picture of her holding me as a baby.
This is a picture of the wonderful children that I have had the privilege to "mother" throughout the years. I am grateful to my husband who made it possible that I could be a stay-at-home mom.
And now to see our children having families of their own, enjoying being parents and raising them in the Gospel--how could life bring greater JOY!
Thanks to all of you for being such wonderful children, spouses and grandchildren. Doug and I love you all dearly and want to wish all of you mothers, "Happy Mother's Day."
Michele with her husband Brian and six children...
Camille and Holland with their new family, Scott and the boys...
Jennifer, Sabe and children...
Tom, Hillary and children (with another boy on the way in October)...
Andrea, Matt and children (with another one on the way in December)...
Ashley, Adam and children...
Heather, Ryan and children!












4 comments:
Happy Mother's Day Mom! All four of us enjoyed reading/seeing this post. Thank you so much! We love you.
What a beautiful post! We truly did have the greatest of moms who certainly taught each of us how to be a mother. I have certainly been thinking a lot about her today, too! And what a fantastic mother you have been--such beautiful children, spouses, and grandchildren. You and Doug truly have been blessed--and it certainly started in the home!
Very sweet, Mom. Thank you for being the very best mom in my book. I love you so much!
This was a beautiful post. I love the photo of you as a baby in mother's arms and your family photos are terrific! You are a great mother, Joyce. I look forward to being with you and Dad for a couple of days again. Hope you had a memorable Mother's Day.
Post a Comment