JACK RYAN WILLIAMS
November 22, 2010
8 lbs. 10 oz.--20-1/2 inches
I flew to Spokane, WA, two days after Thanksgiving to be with Heather, Ryan, Hattie and now little Jack for seven days! Ryan picked me up and we drove to Moses Lake. This is truly one of the greatest times in life to be in your child's home; see the wonderful spirit of love abiding there; see the clean, organized surroundings; play with the grandchild/grandchildren; and just enjoy a new baby!!!
I flew to Spokane, WA, two days after Thanksgiving to be with Heather, Ryan, Hattie and now little Jack for seven days! Ryan picked me up and we drove to Moses Lake. This is truly one of the greatest times in life to be in your child's home; see the wonderful spirit of love abiding there; see the clean, organized surroundings; play with the grandchild/grandchildren; and just enjoy a new baby!!!
Here he is--five days old!!!
Jack's one-week checkup--sitting in the waiting room with Hattie and Heather.
He gained 5 ounces in just seven days!
Heather with Dr. Thompson who delivered Jack. She is also Ryan's supervising doctor.
The proud parents in Ryan's office
After the outing, we stopped and bought Hattie a Happy Meal!
While Heather was attending to the baby, I played with Hattie each day and got to know her even better. She sat so still so that I could put French braids in her hair one day.
Jack's first bath
Hattie getting used to the idea of having Jack around!
The reality of having two children!
Hattie in her Christmas dress!
Heather is in her Primary presidency. They had a Primary activity day at the ward building where the children came wearing their pajamas to watch the movie The Polar Express. It was a fun social activity for Heather because Ryan stayed home with Jack.
Santa was there and gave each child a bell and candy cane!
I thoroughly enjoyed my week! Thank you Heather and Ryan for making me feel so "at home." You are doing a wonderful job as parents. I'm excited to be with Michele and her family in less than a month to help with their new baby due the first part of January. Oh, the blessing of being a grandparent!!!



6 comments:
How wonderful it is to be a grandparent for sure! I loved the picture of you, Heather, and the baby. You and Heather look so much alike! Heather seems so calm and will make a great two-child mother!
Jack is another cutie for Heather and Ryan. I guess we didn't expect anything else because I think Hattie has such a little cherub looking face. I'm grateful you were able to be with Heather and Ryan to help care for their two little ones during this time. Heather is such a sweetheart and a great mother...just like you are Joyce!!
Congrats Heather and Ryan (and Grandma Joyce!)! This is the first I've heard that little Jack is here! Love his name...and that little Hattie couldn't be more adorable. Heather is still my "little" cousin to me...so to see her with two children is such a delight. I had Garrett on Thanksgiving day...and what a special spirit that brought into our home, as well. There's nothing like having babies during the holidays!
Congrats again to all!
xoxo
oh mom, do you want to come back?? It was so great to have you here. I owe a lot to my mother! Hattie loves you and she sees your picture and says with delight, "papa!" I will never forget our time together, you teaching me new things and giving me great advice and waiting on me hand and foot.
I love that you can be with us when we have these new babies.
love you.
Sweet post, Mom! You really captured "the moment" of what it's like at home with a new little one. He is so dang cute... and that Hattie. I love how you braided her hair. My fav pic of her is when they're in the bath and Hattie's face is like, "Grandma, why do you want me to hold this wash cloth here all for a picture?!" And Heather does not even look like she just had a baby! You're so sweet help out every time a new grandbaby is born.
Another darling grandchild!! Congrats Heather and Ryan, and to the wonderful grandparents. I'm sure it was as wonderful to be able to be together at such a exciting time!!
Post a Comment