Tuesday, April 6, 2010

EASTER 2010

EASTER 2010
We had such a wonderful Easter/General Conference weekend!  One of the greatest things was that Heather, Ryan and Hattie came to visit.  We have not seen them since they moved to Moses Lake, Washington, the first part of October.  Hattie has changed so much; she is no longer a baby!  She still has those beautiful blue eyes, talks quite a bit, walks and has the cutest personality.


On Easter, we actually had the Easter bunny visit!
The bunny is actually Addy and Elsie's pet, but Hattie got so excited to see "Thumper" for the first time.
Hattie gave him lots of kisses!
The Easter bunny brought lots of eggs and hid them well, including Elsie's legs (Where are they in this picture?!)!!!
Nobody can "pull the wool" over Addy's eyes!
Papa Doug had to do a little lifting to retrieve one egg for Elsie!
Hattie just walked around in her own little world and...
...didn't really care to gather a lot of eggs.  She just wanted to eat!!!
Cohen was content just to be outside, but...
I'm sure he will be running around next Easter!
The kids had so much fun!  Would you believe that we had 2-3 inches of snow this morning?
Tom, Hillary and kids
Ryan, Heather and Hattie
Rita watching Elsie opening her eggs.  Elsie was delighted to find some money in some of the eggs!
Hattie warming up to Papa Doug
We had a wonderful Easter ham meal followed by this fun strawberry cake dessert!

7 comments:

Alison Wilde said...

What a great Easter you had---with grandkids to make it even better. I was just thinking of you and Doug today since it was exactly a year ago you were here in China. I love that we all did that trip together. Sweet memories just like your Easter on Sunday!!

Camille said...

This is such a sweet post Mom. I wish we could have been there! Ashley and I were talking about all the sweet Easter memories you and Dad made for us. I love you!

The Great Lakes of NY said...

I would have LOVED to have been there, too. I just love you all so much. Mom and Dad, you have some really adorable grandkids!

Heather Williams said...

That really was SO much fun mom! Thank you for creating such a fun day, and I seriously won't forget that DELICIOUS meal you made. I miss those:) I love all your captions, very fun. I love you and have loved being here.

Beverly said...

You really do have adorable grand kids and I loved this post, also. I can't believe you had a hunt after a morning of snow and cold. Easter Sunday with conference and family was such a great day and such fun to see your family there to make it even more special.

Melanie said...

What a fun Easter! I miss seeing all of you. It would be so fun to live close to everyone and watch my girls interact with Elsie, Adelyn, and Hattie. I love your blog!

Laura Copeland said...

What a fun day you all had together! And to have the Easter bunny come, too! What a treat! I can't believe how well Tom's family takes care of that bunny. He is one lucky bunny to have such a good home!