NEW YORK TRIP - April 2-7, 2008
Joyce went to visit the Lake Family, specifically to see Jaden as Sky Masterson, the lead, in his middle school's musical, Guys and Dolls. Jennifer, Sabe and their kids drove up from Virginia for the weekend, so I was able to see seven of our grandchildren at one time. It was also great visiting with Steve and Beverly Lake, Brian's parents from Portland, who were there for the musical. Jaden was totally at ease on stage, sang so well and now has a following of girl "groupies" that think he is totally hot!
Michele also announced her good news (that she is expecting her fifth child around October 11), and Brian, Beverly and I had the privilege of clearly seeing a healthy baby via ultrasound. We also celebrated Jennifer's birthday, which was April 1. I don't know how many times I played "Pick up Sticks" with Cole and "Memory" with Garner, but all of those interactions made the six days eventful. Doug and I truly have precious grandchildren; we just wish they lived a little closer.



No comments:
Post a Comment