Monday, January 2, 2012

CORBIN AND BRITTANY'S WEDDING--December 16, 2011

My nephew, Corbin, married Brittany on December 16!  They had a beautiful wedding in the Salt Lake Temple.  This is my youngest sister Natalie's first child to be married.  She had five of her siblings and their spouses in attendance.  This is a picture of Natalie (right in the middle) with her two daughters to her right and her other son to her left.


 Corbin and Brittany's first appearance to the crowd waiting outside!

 Corbin and Brittany hugging their sisters!
 Brothers having fun with each other!
 Natalie and Mark hugging the newly married couple.

 My sister-in-law Denise and her daughter Emily.
 My son-in-law Matt with Doug
 Corbin's three siblings--Nate, Kelsey and Brooke
 Kelsey and Brooke with their Grandma Critchfield
 Brittany's dress was so beautiful, even from the back!
 After the wedding ceremony and pictures, we all met at Little America for a wonderful luncheon.  The happy parents of the groom!
 My sweet father, Ray
 Andrea with (l to r) her cousins Brooke, Melanie and Kelsey
 Other cousins

 Matt with Emily and Nate.  Matt just received his mission call to Brazil.
 The very happy couple


------------------------------------------------------------------ 
The next day, December 17, my father threw his big Christmas Bingo Party in Centerville.  I didn't take any pictures because I was in charge of buying the Bingo presents.  However, my sister Beverly took several and they can be seen on her website at:
http://larryandbeverly.blogspot.com/2011/12/corbin-and-brittanys-wedding-grandpa.html
------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, December 18, I took my father, Ashley and Rita to the Tabernacle Choir's "Music and the Spoken Word," which included songs and productions from the Christmas Concert performed the last three nights.
This was the first time my father had ever been to the Tabernacle Choir's Christmas Concert.
The stage was decorated beautifully and looked so magical!  We had the greatest experience, which really set the mood for Christmas.    
 

 When we returned home, Dad wanted his pictures taken with Ashley's children--Ruby and Benson...
 ...and last, but not least, McKay!!!
 All in all, the weekend couldn't have been nicer with Corbin's wedding, the Christmas Bingo Party and the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert!  I am so grateful for ALL of my family and the way they support each other.

3 comments:

Beverly said...

Joyce, you did such a great job documenting the wedding weekend even ending up in the beautiful Conference Center at Temple Square. Thank you for all your work acquiring the gifts for Bingo. It was apparent how demanding it is for you because you didn't have time to take any photos at bingo which you are always so good to take. I love the pictures of Dad enjoying the broadcast on Sunday. So grateful you took him and your girls to enjoy the wonderful music.

Laura Copeland said...

Beautiful blog! I loved seeing the wedding pictures and so many family members there. I hadn't seen Corbin's grandmother for years, so it was great to see a picture of her. I took Debate class with her, remember? And the Tabernacle Broadcast--well, that just looked so cool! I wish I could have been there, too! So glad you were able to take Dad there with you.

Alison Wilde said...

Joyce---thanks for capturing soo many events that I missed! You do such a great job with pictures, and details. I don't want to leave Shanghai (not even a tiny bit), but I do look forward to being part of family activities! You look beautiful too (as always!!)