Since I haven't blogged all summer, I was getting a little overwhelmed about how I would ever catch up. So, since Camille wants Holland's pictures that I took to download to her blog, I thought I would start by going backwards in time.
Holland's First day of 1st Grade
Holland decided (and drew out in detail) that she wanted a "Tangled" (Rapunzel) birthday party. Well, Camille aimed to please and satisfied every wish!
Holland in her Rapunzel dress with the birthday mannequin.
Jello boats with sun symbol--the little girls could hardly wait to eat.
Everyone made their own individual pizza...
...that turned out great!
Tasha and 3-year-old Sam
The tower cake--made by Camille...
which was darling as well as delicious (especially with the six sticks of butter in the frosting and cream cheese in the cake mix!!!).
The front room with the sun banner and presents. (Camille has only been in her house not even a week, and it looks darling already!!!)
Tom, as usual, makes sure everyone has fun. He assembled everyone in the backyard and started the games. This is Tasha's husband, Doug, helping Sam with the gumball-spoon game.
Get ready, get set, GO!
Musical chairs--everyone loved this game! Adelyn beat out Tasha to become the winner.
Holland with all of her presents.
Doug and Tasha's daughter, Ashley, was so great to come along and support Holland.
The last thing Holland planned was a pie throwing contest. Instead of real pies, Camille filled pie tins with Dreamwhip. We all wondered about the mess, so Tom volunteered to be the guinea pig.
However, the fun didn't end here. Camille and Hillary started chasing each other around and then Holland and the little girls. By the end, they had quite a mess to clean up, but they had a great time. Doug and Tasha, Ashley, Sam and I just stood back and watched wide-eyed.
All in all, Holland had the greatest birthday!



4 comments:
Thanks for the update Mom! Camille's house already looks great... of course. Love that Tom was the guinea pig and that Holland planned that for her own party. While looking at your blog, Abby said, "Grandma's back!" It's good to have you back around Mom. :)
What a darling party idea! Camille did such a great job with the decorations, and that cake was just the cutest! Holland was certainly in heaven with all the fun and fun people around. That is amazing how settled in Camille is already after just moving, plus working, too! She is amazing!
My goodness, what a party!! I loved all the games and decorations and that cake was incredible. Camille and Holland should be party planners. I want them to come plan my parties!! Holland looked so proud and what a pretty little first grader.
What a fabulous party. I LOVED the cake Camille made for Holland, and what a sport Tom was for being the pie target! You can tell from Holland's face how fun she thought her day was.....success!!
Post a Comment