Doug was out of town for my birthday, but so many friends and family made sure I celebrated the day! First of all, Camille invited Natalie to meet us at Cheesecake Factory for lunch.
Then, Hillary made a wonderful salmon dinner for me. Afterwards, we played childhood birthday party games--"Musical chairs," "Pin the tail on the donkey (bunny)" and "Button, button."
We even had root beer floats, one of my favorite desserts when I was growing up.
I know I should have been bowing my head, but I just couldn't resist this cute picture of Cohen during family prayer.
The next day at the office, everyone there treated me to lunch with another birthday cake. When Doug returned, we went out to dinner. And, I received phone calls from all of my children with my grandchildren singing me "Happy Birthday," along with cards and phone calls from extended family and friends! Thanks to all of you who made my day special!!!



3 comments:
Wow, birthdays don't get any better than this one. I'm so grateful you have some of your children in Utah to enjoy these special days with you. Also, neat to know you have a sister like sweet Natalie in Utah to do girls things together also!! Women need each other.
I'm so glad you had a fun birthday Mom, just as you certainly deserve! Hillary was sweet to have you over for games. I still owe you that birthday dessert! :)
Oh, what a fun birthday you had! Maybe sometime we can still go back as we did when we were young and have a big birthday party together. Wouldn't that be fun! Those cute little grandkids had such a fun time had your party, didn't they. Hooray for Hillary for thinking of doing such fun things at your party with the kids!
Post a Comment