Monday, January 17, 2011

THE BIRTH OF CHANNING BRIAN LAKE--New York Trip

CHANNING BRIAN LAKE
Born December 31, 2010
6 lbs. 8 oz.--20 inches

What a wonderful way to end the year with Michele having her baby!  His due date was around January 12, but Channing couldn't be more healthy--and so cute!!  I ended up being in New York for 10 days, 2 more than planned, because of the weather.  But, I enjoyed those last two days getting to spend more time with the older kids since two of those days were "snow days."
I just had to take this picture while I was waiting in the car for Michele to buy some apples from this Century Farm that was established in 1827!!!  This is what rural Hudson Valley looks like--so beautiful and quaint, just like a Currier and Ives photo.
Here he is--Channing Brian Lake! 
He is such a good baby! 

Brielle couldn't have been more gentle with her new baby brother...

as well as Garner and... 
Jaden!  Babies are certainly loved around the Lake home.
While I was there, we were able to celebrate McKenna's 14th birthday.  She is certainly growing up to be a wonderful young lady, so poised and accomplished with no pretentions!
It's still hard to believe that Michele and Brian now have SIX children. 

  Back in New York when they get this much snow they cancel all of the schools.  I guess they just don't know how to handle the snow like Utah does!!!

Some of the things I will remember:
 Jaden playing the piano...
Garner and Cole playing basketball in the front entryway...


Brielle eating blueberries everyday on her oatmeal... 

and just enjoying one-on-one time with each grandchild, especially Brielle!!!
This picture is for you, Ashley.  Brielle is wearing the little chef outfit you gave her for Christmas!  
 Even though I was there 10 days, the time went by quickly.  Since Jennifer had just been there to take Channing's pictures, I didn't have this pressing need to take my own pictures.  

My time spent there reminded me once again of how Michele is such a wonderful, devoted mother; how Brian sacrifices each and every day to provide for and serve his family; how each grandchild is healthy and happy developing their strengths and talents; and how much we miss them living so far away!  The last thing Michele said to me was, "Someday I hope to live near you."  I totally agree!! 

5 comments:

Laura Copeland said...

This is such a sweet blog. I love how brothers and sisters enjoy a new baby so much. And Brian and Michele seem to add each one with such ease! How do they do that?! We are so happy for their little family--which is now a BIG family--and that you were able to spend time with the Lakes!

Heather Williams said...

Oh I'm so glad you posted these mom. Channing is such a cute little baby and I can't wait to hold him. I miss the Lake family, I really do. I feel like I've missed watching them grow up. I'm so glad you got to be there and want you back here again.

Alison Wilde said...

One of the greatest blessings of having a newborn is having your mom come "celebrate" with you. I'm sure it was a wonderful bonding time for all of you (especially with the snow days!) Michele and Brian sure do have beautiful kids, and Channing fits in perfectly!

The Great Lakes of NY said...

you're really the best, mom. i love you so much. can't tell you how much i'm missing you, how grateful i am for you. thank you for always being so positive and for only seeing the good. i'm typing one handed while feeding channing!

Beverly said...

How contented and peaceful you look holding new baby Channing. I love that you could be with Michele and Brian's family for the snow days like Alison said, and I'm sure each of the children benefited from your stay. Nothing is better when you are a grandma than to be with your children and their children especially one-on-ones like you had in New York.