Our little Benson Douglas Hyde was born at 9:40 a.m. on Halloween morning. McKay had predicted that his baby brother would be born that day! Grandma Joyce was privileged to be in attendance at the birth because Ashley asked her and because Aunt Camille was there to be with McKay and Ruby. What a privilege--one that she will never forget. Here are some pictures capturing the birth of Benson:
Ashley in labor
Ashley was in Birthing Room 15--top squiggly line was Benson's heartbeat and the bottom was Ashley's consistent labor pains.
Another three hours to go...
Adam took a break for a short time.
Preparing for the birth!
Ashley seeing Benson for the first time!!!
Birth is truly a miracle!
Benson wondering if being on the outside is better than on the inside!
Every little toe was there.
Measuring the head
8 lbs. 3 oz.--wow! Who would have thought Ashley had that much room.
21 inches in length
Getting all cleaned up--even a head scrub.
Dad helping with the bathing.
First of many diapers
All cleaned up!
While the cleaning up was going on, Ashley didn't waste any time ordering breakfast!
Clean way to get footprints
Parents with new baby Benson
Mother and son
Family of Five!
It's hard to believe Ashley has three children!
McKay was thrilled with his new brother!
Ruby was pretty happy, too!
The Three Adam Hyde boys!
Ashley did so well!
Camille and Holland
McKay just couldn't get enough of Benson
Ruby was so tender from the very start.
Camille has been like a second mother to these kids!
Checking out little Benson from head to toe!
Holland is so grown up!
Ruby sitting on the window bench with the beautiful view of Silverdale, Washington, in the background!
Going home!
Two-day old Benson














10 comments:
so sweet~baby soooo cute~
What a beautiful little family! Ashley looks so calm--she will handle three just great, I'm sure. What a thrill for you to be there for the birth. There's just nothing in the world like it, is there?!
Joyce--The blog was sooo exciting how you captured it from the beginning of labor!! How wonderful you were able to be there with her. Congrats on another beautiful grandbaby!
He is adorable! We are so thrilled for your family! All of the pictures told such a beautiful story. Tell Ashley and Adam congratulations!
Joyce! Once again, you get to add another beautiful grandbaby to your mix. I'm so happy that you got to witness Benson's amazing birth. I always have my mom in on my births, as well. Not only do I need her there, but I know that it will always be such an amazing experience for her, too. One, neither of us will ever forget!
Anyway, Ashley looks wonderful. And so does Camille! It's so great that they live so close to each other up there. And Holland...yes, she has grown up so much. Beautiful little girl.
We wish all the Garners the best! Now it looks like it's the Copelands turn to have babies in large numbers...then the Boyles! Grandpa must be so proud of he and Grandma's amazing posterity.
Take care!
Amy
Congratulations Ashley and Adam! What a beautiful little family!
Thanks for taking pictures ...we don't get to see enough of the Hydes! The last little picture of Bensen really captues what he will look like and I have to say he has the same hair and shape of his cousin Rett...and he's a good mix of McKay and Ruby! Congratulations you guys! We love you!
Well let's just say I sorta choked up with the pic of ash and benson...ashley looking down at him. What a cute little guy he is. I'm so proud of ash too! she's a strong woman! I can't wait to see you guys and did Camille get a haircut? So cute.
heath
For sure, Ashley and Adam should be proud. Such a precious bunch of children they have now. I remember how I felt like we were really a large family after #3 arrived because I had run out of arms. It really is sweet to see these babies coming into such good homes and Benson is blessed to be part of such a loving home. Congratulations to the Hydes and to the Garners.
Ohhhhhh Ash, I can't believe you're a mother of 3! And how cool to have Camille around! Thanks Joyce for posting the pics, a beautiful family indeed!
Post a Comment